Mount Peake V TI FE Project - Overview
THE MOST ADVANCED VANADIUM PROJECT GLOBALLY
The Mount Peake Project is a world class strategic metals asset, located in Australia’s northern development hub, approximately 230km north of Alice Springs.
Mount Peake’s development will be a major boost for the Northern Territory economy, leveraging off its strategic location close to existing power and transport infrastructure, including the Alice Springs-Darwin railway, the Sturt Highway and an LPG pipeline.
Project location map
- Located in excellent jurisdiction close to existing power and transport infrastructure
- Mine Site located approximately 230 km north of Alice Springs
- TIVAN® Processing Facility located 10 km from the darwin Port
- Vertically integrated from production to market
- JORC Measured, Indicated and Inferred Resource totalling 160Mt, grading 0.28% V205, 5.3% TiO2 and 23% Fe
- Mine Site approval completed in 2018
- Darwin TIVAN® Processing Facility permits underway
- Game changing TIVAN® technology enabling breakthrough in high-purity product development
- Partnerships with Tier 1 development companies
- Off-take agreements in place
ROBUST FINANCIAL MODEL AND PROJECT ECONOMICS (as at August 20191)
- 37-year mine life
- A$2.8 billion NPV (at 8% discount rate)
- 33% IRR
- Pre-production Capex of A$824 million
- Capital payback 2.8 years
- Net annual operating cash flow A$359 million
- Life of Mine net cash-flow A$12.2 billion
- Total operating costs per tonne of ore processed at A$2102
TNG’s proprietary TIVAN® Process is a hydro-extraction process designed with German metallurgical plant supplier and development partner, SMS Group, to produce very high-purity vanadium pentoxide, titanium dioxide and iron oxide.
Mount Peake Tenement Location Map
TNG discovered the deposit in 2008 whilst outlining magnetite-bearing gabbro containing high-grade vanadium, titanium and iron. Mineralisation commences at shallow depths making the deposit readily amendable to open pit mining.
The project comprises five granted exploration licences; EL 27069, EL 27070, EL 27941, EL 29578 and EL 30483 an exploration licence in retention, ELR 29627 and four Mining Lease applications; ML 28341, ML 29855, ML 29856 and EL 30386.
1) Updated FEED Model assumptions include long-term A$:US$ exchange rate of 0.70; updated long-term price assumptions of US$25,400/tonne for V2O5 (US$11.50/lb), US$3,600.00/t TiO2 pigment and US$102.00/tonne for high grade Fe2O3.
2) Includes lease repayments.
ALL prices and outcomes are indicative only while FEED is progressing and is an interim study, not final.